3 Ingredient Magic Sauce
Sometimes, your main ingredient just needs a little help. The superhero needs a sidekick to just help out in a fix. I always read the menu at restaurants almost as intently as I would read a novel or the instruction manual of my Instant Pot (Sidenote: I'm a freak!).
After I read the mains section, the next best thing for me is always the sides and sauces. Yes, That Wagyu steak is going to melt in your mouth. But wouldn't it be un-freaking-believably better with that Horseradish cream on the side? Oooh, baked salmon! But can't I get that lemon butter sauce with it?
I love simply roasted vegetables. I love flaky fish and seared steak. And this sidekick sauce needs its moment in the limelight, just you know, to the side of those proteins is good enough.
- 4 Tbsp browned butter (Butter, pan, low flame, stay vigilant, turn it off a shade before you think its done - BOOM!)
- 1 Tbsp lemon/ orange juice (I also love a flavorful vinegar - try peach or strawberry)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Chopped herbs (Parsley or chives are my favorite. But any soft herb would work here)
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add everything to a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth and emulsified.
- You can also mix this up with a handheld/ immersion blender.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for two or three days max.
- You may need to blend it again before you use it.